NOTE: Each person needs to work out a customized protocol with a Lyme-literate doctor. It is imperative to remember that even if we share identical symptoms and identical diagnoses, each body will respond to various protocols differently. We need to find our own unique treatment with the help of our licensed medical practitioner.
I have tried most every alternative protocol – at least those within my scraped together budget -and have written extensively about each protocol I know of either in my blog or in my ebooks.
I have continued to improve, in fact, I have made astounding progress both mentally and physically. I believe strongly that a parasite cleanse is essential to healing by eliminating parasites – even benign ones – as a hiding place for the Borellia. Even more important is eliminating parasites and biofilms (also see biofilm busting protocols and parasite protocol.) Most important of course is the killing protocol whether it is pharmaceutical, herbal or some other alternative. (See protocols)
Following is my current protocol:
- Cefuroxime (500 mg 2xday)
- Azithromycin (500 mg 1 tablet M,W,F)
- Nystatin to manage yeast (from taking antibiotics)
- Low Dose Naltrexone (4.5 mg 1xday) – boosts immune system and combats nerve pain
- 2 grams Serrapeptase by Nutramedix (500mg 4xday) to bust biofilms.
- 40 mg Lumbrokinase (Nutricology) to bust biofilms.
- or 20 drops of Stevia 2xday
- 1 capsule of Therelac each day (probiotic which is a must when taking antibiotics) You can’t get any better than this..
1 TBSP food grade DE for parasites
I make a healthy “5 Element” shake (link to eBook) every morning, but if you are really sick you may want to make it 2 or 3 times a day. It will give you incredible energy and nutrition and you will drop any extra weight – especially as you start to feel better and begin to exercise (never aerobics). Read the Shakes ebook for details on the health benefits of the different ingredients.
Supplements that I take in addition to the above:
- PropaxT – AM and lunch
- Coral Calcium – 3 caps per night equals 600 mg calcium and 300 mg magnesium
- Cat’s Claw – lunch 500 mg – builds cd 57 fighter cells that are specific to Borrelia.
- Magnesium Malate 1250 mg
- Vit D3 Gold – 5000 IU
- Melatonin 10 mg at night to sleep
- GABA 750 mg at AM and PM to ease anxiety and sleep
- Smilax – 1 or 2 capsules as needed for herx
- Lunch Drink or split into two servings:
- 32oz distilled or spring water
- 1 Tbsp Green Vibrance
Everyone is different but for me the Apple Poly and Himalayan Salt Capsules work very effectively (as demonstrated by the severe herxing at regular intervals) and is the least expensive treatment. It works great in conjunction with antibiotics or stand-alone but consistency is the key. It needs to be maintained daily for entire recovery and then indefinitely to prevent relapse. It can also be used as a preventative. Read treatment guide in my eBook,”Salt & Apples”.